LUCKYATUANYA.BLOGSPOT.COM

CLICK To Place Your Ads HERE

Thursday, August 06, 2015

Drug Dealer Arrested By NDLEA in Aba, Abia State


Mr Bamidele Akingbade, the Commander, NDLEA, Abia State Command, has confirmed the arrest of a suspected drug dealer, Onyebuchi Agbo, who claimed to be an intra-city bus driver, was caught with 20.3 grams of cocaine, 27.5 grams of heroin and some wraps of cannabis.He said that the suspect was caught with over 100 small wraps of cocaine and heroin which he sells at ₦100 and ₦50, respectively.

He also said Onyebuchi will be charged to court this week but would appear before a judge at the end of their vacation.

He said:
“For us to process his trial, we have to file a charge now. The courts are open with the other officials but the judges are not there at the Federal High Courts because they are on vacation. So they are going to take the charge and we can now hold him in custody until the courts resumes. But as soon as the courts resume, he will be arraigned with 17 other drug suspects in Abia.
We are going to use the services of the vacation judge in Port Harcourt to start their trial process and to remand them pending the resumption of the Federal High Court.”


Onyebuchi said he was forced by hardship to return to selling hard drugs for an Aba-based drug courier named Agbo after quitting the business which took him to prison in 2008.

He narrated his own side of the story:
“I used to sell drugs but I left it since for a long time now. I have been arrested before and the person I was selling for left me to go to prison in 2008.
When I was freed from prison in 2010, I left the business. I came here because last two months Agbo, a drug courier in Aba, called me to come to his place and sell market for him.
So he said he will beat me up when he sees me and today he saw me with his henchmen along Ohanku road and they started beating me with matchets.
I ate the money last two months and ran away. He was the one who called me to come and sell drugs for him.
They came today and beat me and handed me over to the NDLEA. It is Agbo that sells the drugs.”


Agbo, who admitted taking the cannabis, had white foam in his mouth while talking with the NDLEA officers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Send your news and stories to:
Email: luckyatuanya@gmail.com